Responsible care (RC)
ECTA believes that Responsible Care is the best strategy for its members to communicate their continuous efforts in SHEQ. SHEQ stands for Safety, Health, Environment and Quality. With this label they show their customers in the chemical industry, that sustainable supply chains become major importance.
Joining ECTA RC means implementing RC principles into the company’s strategy, management and daily operations.
commitments as responsible care member
Chemical Transport Companies joining the ECTA RC programm will be required to commit to:
- Continuously improve the environmental, health and safety performance of the transport operations of chemical goods.
- Constantly avoid harm to all people and the environment.
- Ensure that proper care is taken to protect the safety and health of all people involved in the chemical transport operations.
- Minimize the environmental impact of the transport activities.
- Use resourced and fuel efficiently and minimize waste.
- Take adequate measures to ensure the security of the operations.
- Collect data and report openly about performance, achievements and shortcomings.
- Listen, engage and work with people to understand and address their concern and expectations.
- Cooperate with governments, international institutions, organizations and authorities in the development.
- Implement effective regulations and standards to improbe transport safety.
- Encourage the responsible management of all those who are involved in providing a service. In particular transport sub-contractors and cleaning stations.
All ECTA Responsible Care Members are proudly carrying the RC Logo. It is the recognition sign by the chemical industry in Europe of the contribution to a sustainable supply chain. RC Members are commited to the ECTA RC principles. In conclusion, they commit to continous improvement, collecting and reporting of key performance indicators.
ECTA Quality control
ECTA applies the Responsible Care Scheme to its RC member companies in all european countries in the same transparent manner.
Quality control is based on self assessment combined with objective and externally verified data. Indicators are safety management and improvement processes. These data is collected with the SQAS reports by external assessors and stores in the Cefic managed SQAS database.
Become an responsible care member
RC is an additional membership to your ECTA Membership. YOU CAN ONLY APPLY FOR THE ECTA RC MEMBERSHIP IF YOU ARE ALREADY AN ECTA MEMBER!
To become a RC Member, some steps need to be followed:
- The company applies for ECTA membership (ECTA Board approves)
- This firm has a valid SQAS report
- Futhermore the ECTA Member applies for RC membership and the RC Director approves it
- The company signs a ‘ECTA RC Commitment Document’
- Moreover, the firm appoints an RC Coordinator and signs the ECTA RC Agreement
- In addition, ECTA RC Member prepares an RC Annual Improvement Plan, linked to the Responsible Care Principles
- The company prepares the annual RC KPI Report
- ECTA’s Team prepares the company’s RC Certificate
- All RC Members are committed to ensure that any negatively scored questions in its SQAS report are properly followed up. In addition, the company will provide details of these realized improvement actions in the commentary sections of the SQAS report. This aims to facilitate that the company’s customers can take notice of said improvement actions.
Fill out the form and send it to email@example.com.
rc membership fees
The Responsible Care Membership Fee depends on the amount of Sites that are included in the RC Membership.
This Fee comes on top of the ECTA Membership Fee.
0-5 Sites: 1000€
Every additional Site: 100€